PAUL MAC - Partner
Bachelor of Laws (Distinction), University of Western Australia
Bachelor of Commerce (Corporate Finance and Derivatives), University of Western Australia
Masters of Business Administration (Distinction), University of Western Australia
Paul has over 12 years’ experience, practicing at top tier firms, including two of Perth’s largest national law firms, and a global firm. Paul has strong professional relationships with the leading accounting and advisory firms operating in Western Australia, and is a reputed and respected litigator.
Paul specialises in commercial litigation, restructuring and insolvency law. He has advised insolvency practitioners in Western Australia with respect to all forms of external administration, recovery of voidable transactions, corporate restructuring, schemes of arrangement and deeds of company arrangement. Paul was recognised in the Chambers Global Guide as one of Australia's Rising Stars for Insolvency and Reconstruction Law.
Paul has also advised on bank related transactions, securities reviews and complex external administration disputes.
Paul has also had major roles in numerous high profile litigation, corporate and insolvency matters, including large-scale complex litigation, class actions, local and international arbitrations and commercial and contractual disputes in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and Federal Court of Australia.
Examples of major matters in which Paul has been involved include:
- the Lehman Brothers and Gunns Investment class action proceedings brought in the Federal Court of Australia;
- international arbitrations involving the Republic of Indonesia;
- Supreme Court of Western Australia proceedings involving the Great Southern managed investment scheme; and
- Supreme Court of Western Australia proceedings involving Sons of Gwalia and Ernst & Young.
Paul’s practice is marked by his technical precision combined with a balanced and commercial approach. Paul speaks fluent Cantonese, and is a member of various professional associations, including:
- the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA);
- the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association (ACLA); and
- the Australian China Business Council (ACBC).
Paul is also an experienced advocate and has appeared in all of the major Courts in Australia as Counsel.