SARAN TAYLOR - Senior Associate
Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Australia
Saran specialises in litigation and dispute resolution. Her practice spans the Western Australia and New South Wales jurisdictions. She was admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the High Court of Australia in 2013.
Saran has acted for a broad range of clients, including national financial institutions and ASX listed entities and provides practical and commercial advice in a broad range of complex matters. Her experience is varied, covering insolvency and reconstruction, insurance, employment, property, construction, debt recovery and general commercial disputes.
Saran's experience in the insolvency space has been focused on acting for creditors in winding up and bankruptcy proceedings, but also extends to advising on matters relating to administration, liquidation and receivership.
Specific examples of her general litigation experience include:
- Acting in the Supreme Court of New South Wales in a multi-million dollar professional indemnity claim in relation to alleged breaches of the Legal Profession Act 2004 (NSW);
- Preparing and responding to adjudication applications under the Construction Contracts Act 2004 (WA);
- Defending allegations of unconscionable and misleading and deceptive conduct in secured and unsecured recoveries and property development disputes;
- Acting in a multi-million dollar dispute between leading global resources companies;
- Acting in relation to a dispute involving the distribution of a multi-million dollar estate;
- Defending unfair dismissal claims under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
Saran frequently appears in the Federal and Federal Circuit Courts and the Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts of Western Australia.
She is also Secretary of the International Womens Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation.